Tech: General Staff
Do you have a passion for behind-the-scenes technical operations in live sound, video and lighting? Would you like to put those skills to use at Fanime? Tech may be the department for you! Tech manages the operations of the Audio/Visual equipment that helps enhance the diligently rehearsed performances and presentations that make the Fanime experience memorable. Please take a moment to view the details of the department below. We hope to hear from you soon.
SCOPE OF OPERATIONS
* Assist with the load-in, assembly, operations, disassembly and load out of A/V equipment.
* Coordinate with Tech Supervisors for Tech on Duty shift assignments for convention days 1 - 4.
* As the Tech on Duty, first responder on the Tech Radio Channel for technical assistance requests (i.e. Adjustments to the sound and video systems for panels’ specific needs).
* Be at least 18 years of age prior to or by Day 0 of Fanime.
* Attend one of the last two planning meetings prior to con.
* Complete radio training.
* Availability to volunteer a minimum of 24 hours over the duration of the convention.
* Availability to assist at load-in (Day 0), and load-out (Day 4-End of Con).
* Experience in Audio/Visual Technology (microphones, speakers, cabling terminology, projectors, etc.).
* Literacy of the Windows & Mac operating systems’ sound and display settings.
* Ability to assist in pushing equipment cases on wheels weighing up to 100 pounds.
* Ability to assist in lifting and carrying equipment short distances weighing up to 45 pounds.
* Ability to calmly & efficiently resolve technical discrepancies promptly.
Part of the Tech department
Entry last modified Tue Dec 19 2017, 23:19:36