PC eGaming Co-Head
Are you into building a community centered around computer gaming & eSports? Then this is the position for you!
As one of the pillars of the eGaming Department, you are expected to build and lead a team of staffers to create a modern and inclusive gaming experience at FanimeCon. This could be from tournaments, free-play, stage events, and more!
* Building a community centered around PC computer gaming (with possible opportunities to expand to Virtual Reality, mobile, and/or expanding technologies).
* Research trending gaming titles and gaming news trends relevant to your sub-department as a building block for your sub-department's success.
* Research gaming communities, local and abroad, relevant to your sub-department and act on titles that would attract the most attention to your section.
* Balance your sub-department needs with sponsor's needs (if applicable).
* Documentation of events, communications, links, and references for the year and future years to come through platforms assigned to you.
* Communicating with other sub-departments within eGaming for your needs such as: Crowd Control/Line Management, equipment maintenance, network maintenance, and tournament organizers.
* Communicate with other departments within the Games Division in matters of game title ratings approval, gaming stage events, and security.
* Act as a second-in-command to the eGaming Department and comply with directives as given by eGaming Heads if necessary.
* Assist staffers in your sub-department and cater to their needs.
* Conduct area patrols around the PC stations and monitor/report for unusual activities.
* At-convention equipment management and documentation.
* Carefully setting up and tearing down equipment as needed.
* Interact and delight attendees as one of the public faces of FanimeCon.
* Be customer service oriented, we want to help craft memorable experiences for our staff and attendees.
* Be able to work in a loud and crowded environment.
* Be able to lift no more than 50 lbs during setup and tear-down of the convention.
* Be available when needed for any conversations regarding your sub-department, department & division.
* Be a team-player, maintain a professional level of responsibility and respect.
* Be at least 18 years old: some of our shifts are late at night.
* Be able to maintain a positive attitude and ask others for help when needed.
* Staff typically work 24 hours over the course of the 4 day convention, however as a Co-eGaming Second you are responsible for all actions that occur within your sub-department.
* You may be asked to be radio trained - the department will inform staffers in this position should there be a need plus training information.
Additional desired skills and traits:
* Management and customer service experience is a plus.
* Experience working with versatile, agile, dynamic teams in an exciting and constantly changing environment.
* Ability to adapt to any situation when it calls for it.
* Knowledge of computer games and the like are not a requirement, but strongly preferred.
We place a high value on building an inclusive and welcoming environment. We strive to give each every one of you the best opportunity to demonstrate your skills and experience. We try to be as flexible as possible with our staff while maintaining an organized schedule. If you have any questions, feel free to email email@example.com
Part of the E-gaming department
Entry last modified Wed Oct 5 2022, 06:32:51