Masquerade Assistant Stage Manager
Are you a theatre buff? Do you enjoy making sure the music cue starts properly, the right gel lights are used, the spot is in the right place, the house resident staff are happy, and those pesky performers are in the right place at the right time? Have we got a job for you!
The FanimeCon Masquerade is a complicated production and much of the prep work is done in the days, weeks, and months before the show. However, the most important day of all is SHOW DAY and we need someone who wants to learn one of the most important roles: Stage Manager.
This is an Assistant position where you will be learning the trade from our long-time Stage Manager and our Masquerade Head. This is a great position if you are experienced with running smaller Masquerades but are interested in learning how to run a Masquerade in a theater! We also welcome those with more experience running bigger events and music or theater productions.
You will be working with our long-time Masquerade Stage Manager and you will often need follow specific cues as well as to work independently. We need someone who knows how to take charge but also to delegate tasks to Masquerade backstage staff. You will interface directly with the Masquerade Stage Manager, the resident Civic staff, FanimeCon Audio/Visual Technology (A/V) staff, and the Masquerade Music and Video coordinator. Additionally, you will collaborate directly with the Masquerade Head who will provide you with the show script and collaborate with you on the vision for the show.
* Be at least 18 years of age prior to or by Day 0 of Fanime.
* Experience in Technical Theatre, Backstage management, and Audio/Visual Technology
* Attend the last two planning meetings prior to con (virtually is acceptable)
* Must be available to work Day 1 (Friday) from 10am - 5pm, Day 2 (Saturday) from 10am - 6pm, and Day 3 (Sunday) from 10am - 10pm. There will be breaks for Lunch and Dinnner.
* High standard of organizational and communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure
* A sharp eye for detail
* Problem-solving skills, ability to think on your feet
* Negotiation skills, confidence and decision-making abilities
* Collaboration skills and willingness to learn
* Availability to work a shift at the Masquerade Registration Desk Day 1 & 2 of FanimeCon if needed
* Ability to use the communication systems to liaise with all A/V FanimeCon Staff and resident Civic Staff
* Cue the lighting and Sound Technicians (both resident and FanimeCon A/V)
* Manage the backstage and onstage area during Masquerade
* Manage the Masquerade rehearsal
* Manage backstage staff ("stage ninjas") and prop placement
* Assisting in helping the cosplayer contestants on where to go and when to wait
* Assisting the Head Stage Manager backstage
* Communicate with your leads
* Punctual and Professional
* Ability to follow directions quickly and efficiently
We would love to welcome you as a part of our Masquerade team!
Part of the Masquerade department
Entry last modified Sun Oct 8 2023, 19:29:09